Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ramblings

The week is definitely feeling weird for me. All's silent on the job search front; I have been very busy getting ready for the HOA Board meeting; and plugging along on City Council recommendations for the Foreclosure Committee. But around the regular grind, Anya has been having some issues related to stress, Jon has nose-dived into a severe depression, and he has received word that he has 20% blockage of his carotid artery (not good!), and I have been trying very hard looking for silver linings! They are very hard to see right now.

I am definitely glad that I have not given up looking for those silver linings and, in fact, am still trying to get them to be wrappers and not linings! I want it to be so much easier to see all the good stuff, rather than having to look for it under the crap. It just seems like swimming in soup this week! So I decided to take some action - Anya and I are going to try out a Yogalates class at 11 am. As if it isn't difficult enough doing either yoga or Pilates, try doing both at the same time! :) I think there are two possible outcomes - either we find it enjoyable and lose some stress or we find it a barrel full of laughs because we are hopeless when it comes to poses. Thank God there is no one there taking pictures!

I also have been receiving some emails from family and friends that I invited to read this blog. That was great because I do want to keep in touch with all but I stink at it! In my defense, though, it looks like the rest of you stink at it too!! :)

Well enough of this finger babbling - got some silver linings to polish!

1 comment:

-Jon said...

Keep going for the positive! The others in your life that may be suffereing may need to do some suffering before they too can turn to the positive. It's taken you a long time to get where you're at and I envy you. But I really may need to suffere some more, and that's a good thing.
If I wasnt' feeling so rotten, I'd be at the gym taking shots of you and Anya!