Thursday, July 17, 2008

Annuals

This morning I had my (not annual) annual well-woman visit. Guys reading this need not read on if you are sensitive to this type of talk! I was thinking about the experience and reflected on how much I hate the process. I am not particularly bothered by the paper johnnies or even the exam itself, with exposed poses, steel instruments and witness nurses. I realized that I am bothered by the fact that is seems like a pain in the @#% to go down there and go through all of it, when it always comes back normal! Then I stopped and said to myself "That is the most cracked viewpoint ever!!!"

Just think. I am annoyed because I was given the good news that I am OK. So I followed that with the question about how happy I would be if they gave me bad news that something was wrong. Would that make the experience a better one??!? At that point I had to start laughing at myself (pretty hard actually) and realize that I was looking for something to be annoyed at. OK. That's over now.

Maybe next year (if I even do it next year), or at the mammogram that I now have to schedule, I will remember this and try not to get annoyed about going out to get good news. This homo sapien is really a homo sap (emphasis on sap) sometimes!

No comments: