
This is where it all began, I guess. That's me being held by my Mom. Gosh, but I don't look happy even then! The beginning is a moment of infinite possibilities. Anything could happen; I could have been anyone; I could have wound up anywhere.
But we all wind up somewhere. And generally people look back and think about all of the would've, could've, should'ves. For a long time now, and I am not sure when it began, I have to say I generally don't look back to past missed possibilities, I tend to focus on where I want to go and how to get there. I guess I am looking at future possibilities and how to make them realities.
But if you have any leanings towards being philosophical, and I do, you start to realize that each moment in time is a beginning, which means it comes with its own set of infinite possibilities. Infinite is a lot! So when I feel limited, I just need to remember that I'm not, because this moment is a new beginning and the sky is the limit.
The baby in the picture, me, had a whole world of opportunities in front of her. The mother in the picture, my mom at the age of 27, had a whole world of opportunities in front of her. It does not matter what our age is or how much time we have in front of us. In each moment, and for that moment, we have a whole world of opportunities in front of us. That's the blessing of the day!
1 comment:
Amen to that.
Post a Comment