Monday, July 21, 2008

A New Week

It's the start of a new week. So what's on tap for this one? Well, I have an appointment with a therapist this morning. That has been a regular occurrence since leaving work last year. Since I never did preventative maintenance, or even maintenance, on the psychological end, I have a lot of catch up to do. I do work it pretty hard, reading, evaluating, and meditating of a sort. I am slowly starting to get a better attitude and I am even working to reduce stress much differently than in the past so it must be working.

I have to get ready for an HOA Board meeting Wednesday night. That usually takes me a few hours. Since this meeting is going to have a lot on the current financial state of the HOA, I will probably be spending a few more hours than that to get ready. I also want to attend the City Council meeting on Thursday night, since some recommendations from the Foreclosure Committee will be presented. I also have a whole lot of work to get done for next week's Foreclosure Committee meeting. I want to get a number of HOA-related solutions in front of the committee for approval.

Since Wednesday is our usual 'family at the gym night', I will have to find another time to make that up, and I also wanted to add one more workout in the week, so it looks like I've got some planning to do! I also need to decide if I am going in for routine blood work (which requires fasting) and whether to schedule a colonoscopy as recommended by my doctor. Crap! I hate that stuff but it is probably a good idea; especially if I am going to stick to this thought of taking care of myself. Sometimes I think that I am more trouble than I am worth!

I sent a number of resumes out this weekend and I am getting all kinds of junk emails for sales positions and franchising and such. It’s bad enough when someone has to go through the very stressful task of looking for employment, without being harassed by vultures who wish to convince you that you can make a fortune by taking advantage of others! Hopefully the efforts will be rewarded by some contact with legitimate employers.

It looks like it is shaping up to be a busy week. Busy is good. Good is good. (See that therapy must be working!) :)

No comments: