Well that was the diagnosis! I have osteopenia, which is bone mineral density (BMD) that is lower than normal peak BMD but not low enough to be classified as osteoporosis. I am officially entering the stage of life where I am getting old age conditions!! Just so you know, I am smiling as I am writing this! I made the joke yesterday that the one time I am not dense about something is the one time that it is not a good thing!
Seriously, the condition is something I will need to be careful and proactive about, because osteoporosis is no laughing matter. And most distressing is that the bones that are the weakest are in my lower vertebrae, which means a broken back is not out of the realm of possibility. Luckily for me, the weight training and cardio I have been doing are a good preventative measure. (Damn! I was looking for a reason to quit and now I am stuck for the duration!) I will have to make sure I keep working on my path to being a midget, old age version of Arnold Schwarzenegger!
Frankly, I am positive today and thinking that this is the start of a new adventure! I shall have to polish up my walker and get ready for the hike. Don't we all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment