Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Floating

Today has a somewhat surreal quality to it. I know that I am at the beginning of profound change in my life. Generally, change produces my different types of feelings for people. Right now I am feeling a slight sense of trepidation. Not really fear, especially of the unknown. Rather a sense of "hush" and "what next".

I left my job almost one year ago because I was unhappy. It seemed to be killing me. I seemed to be killing me. So I walked off the plank and quit to discover something. Instead of discovering anything, I guess I would say that I was reintroduced to things - family, home and hearth, volunteerism, and health. No big bangs. No epiphanies.

Yesterday and today are about making decisions that affect my near future. If all feels right, I will be turning my back on taking a CFO position, in favor of a much riskier consulting role. I can see the pros and cons of each path, but I have decided to go with the path that is presented first, floating where the universe takes me. It looks like it is taking me down the path of consulting. It is taking elsewhere as well.

The trepidation comes solely from the unknown. I am feeling trusting of the universe and its handling of me to date. I have a wonderful family, a good job history and some financial success. I have an opportunity to give back and I do. I have decided to put my future in the hands of the universe (you can call it what you will). Watch, wave and root me on! Don't know where I'm going, but that just matches the fact that most of the time I just don't know what I'm doing either !! :)

3 comments:

Adam and Anya said...

Like the quote goes...

Choose thy love,
Love thy choice.

Make sure you love it before you choose it.

Anonymous said...

Positive an negative things have been happening to you and the Universe is giving you answers. Accept them and continue to develop the beautiful soul you have been given. BTW - I think you made the right choice in going after the consulting job!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you changed your theme background like mine. Now we're twins!