Everybody has files - bills, important papers, you name it. People keep them stacked, in file cabinets, in folders. Jon passed our files to me, standing up in a wire mesh stand, with all papers sorted very nicely in colored pocket folders. Because my desk is so small, I have that stand on the floor next to my desk.
Last night, while Adam, Anya and I were playing a game at the dining room table, Charlie, our Shih Tzu, lifted his leg and peed on all our files! Now I have to say that I don't like to file, but that is a commentary that I never thought of making! What a bad dog! Three adults sitting right there and he never even asked to go out. Worse than that, he had just been outside with us for 2 hours!
Today, now that the files have dried out, I am going to have to go through them and see if, smelling like they do, they are really worth keeping. It will be interesting because if they aren't worth keeping, urine sprayed as they are, then why are we keeping them to begin with? I am looking at this as an opportunity to purge paper, so I guess I will have to thank Charlie. But silently, because I do not need to clean up any more of those spots. You know what I mean?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If you look on my desk, you will find a bunch of fresh folders so you won't have to use the stinky ones.
Post a Comment