"It's not fair."
I heard someone say that on TV and my mind stopped. It's not fair. Does nature have a concept of fair or is it a creation of man? I went and looked at the definition, because definitions help me to focus my mind. There were many meanings, but the two that caught my eye were "marked by impartiality and honesty; free from self-interest, prejudice, or favoritism". I think from this that it is totally a construct of man. In nature, all actions taken are partial; they are in the self-interest of the the animal.
So we created this concept of the impartial, which doesn't exist except in our mind, and then we complain because nothing meets the fictious standard that we have created. They say "Life isn't fair". Of course not; life did not create it or does it even know what fair is. But one thing the concept of fair is really good at is making us feel bad. We can't achieve something that doesn't exist and we can't expect it either, but we do. And then we complain and sometimes resent the fact that we were not treated fairly.
My mind was wandering around on this today and I found it interesting, and a bit disturbing that I actually can get upset or angry over something that doesn't exist. The next time that voice in my head starts yammering at me about how unfair something was, I am going to try to laugh about it. Why? Because a not-real voice in my head is taking about the unreal concept of 'fair' and doing it with thoughts, which have no reality. If I am going to be in la la land, I might as well laugh and have fun with it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hahaha
It's not fair when people say "It's not fair!" on TV!!
Hence, the Voldemort syndrome.
Post a Comment