Thursday, August 7, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

There was a point where I was getting a little down - no job, no prospects, days getting dull. What was I thinking!! All of a sudden I got more activity then I can fit in a day. First, I got a consulting project for the company Adam's family owns. I have been developing some hard working spreadsheets, policies and other business recommendations. Then I have to get the final drafts of my City Council recommendations done and submitted by Friday, so I have been working on those - trading emails, attorney consults, typing. Then I got a call about a possible consulting project for one day a week for a year. It sounds like a fun project because it would be mentoring a controller into the CFO role. You all know how I like to teach! The emails started flying about HOA business and I started to fall behind in that, when I realized I still have not drafted the minutes from the last meeting.

Well, then I remembered that I have to work those bones and I had not been to the gym since Saturday so I get ready to go work out with the kids, when I get a call from a man who owns a business looking for a CFO. BAM! We are on the phone for 45 minutes as he interviews me, while the kids are waiting in the car! He seemed very interested and said they would get back to me.

Got my workout done and some swimming besides and reflected last night in how things changed so much. It was definitely a spirit lifter to have so much interest. (Thanks Universe!!) It also showed me multiple paths forward. I still do not know which one I will take, but I do feel more optimistic and it is easier to be up because of actual good things happening rather than trying to manufacture up waiting for good things.

So this morning I get my coffee and sit down, look at all the work ahead of me and remember that I haven't done a blog for a while. Another to-do. So here it is. Now I will get busy on the other tasks I have on my list and feel good. I guess I like having things to do. I like to be busy!

1 comment:

Jon said...

You seem to be so much more energetic! I believe that you thrive on this, providing you get in your fun, social activities, and rest. I know everthing is going to work out for you just as it should. Be patient babe and it will all come together.