Wednesday night was our HOA Board meeting and the topic was the budget. That was a hot topic in these economic times. The meetings have been getting progressively heated, as I have been staunchly conservative with respect to spending, and a majority of the Board has been in favor of a number of capital projects. I was the President, so I needed to stay focused on moving the business of the Association forward no matter what. It is challenging sometimes trying to keep people civil and to the point when their emotions are high!
Unfortunately, some Board members have developed a number of resentments towards me, and have begun calling me a liar, a misrepresenter of facts and other such stuff in the public meeting. It got quite hot Wednesday evening. I have enough to deal with right now. I get emotional very easy, probably as a result of the separation and the major changes going on in my life.
So I resigned! What a relief! I have heard that one very faithful resident is so enraged that she is trying to get on the Board even as we speak! That would be Lee, for those of you who follow the details of the neighborhood! I am sad that I cannot continue to give in the particular way of the Board but I am happy that I won't be subjecting myself to their hurtful behavior any longer. I wish them good luck and I hope they can learn to treat others with more respect that they were able to give to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hate to think what is going to happen now! You were the one who kept this board on track. Now they will probably empty the accounts and go broke like others in the country. You did a great job and you should be proud. I know there were people who knew you were the backbone of this board. But I'm also happy that you will have one less thing to think about and labor for. Keep up at what you're doing and things will work out.
Amen to that. Now we can go to the meetings and whine.
But seriously, you were a very good president and many neighbors are already talking about getting more active because of your resignation.
Post a Comment