I woke up with a lot of energy today. I think that it is because I feel like this is the first day of the rest of my life. In fact, every day is the first day of the rest of a life! There are many things happening in and around me and I am working hard to take it all in.
First, and the largest change of all, is that Jon and I have decided to separate. He spent yesterday packing things up, dividing our movies and CDs and that kind of stuff. He is awaiting word on an apartment application and we expect to hear in the next couple of days. There are lots of feelings and then there are no feelings. Our counselor said that it will be like the passing of a hurricane, only the rain bands will be waves of feelings. I can honestly say that this is a very accurate description of how they come – in bands.
Second, I start a new job tomorrow. I will be contracted to act as an Interim CFO for a small college. I really like the executive team and I think that we will be able to work well together. It is a little stressful starting this job, getting back into the workplace after a year hiatus. I think that the biggest stressor is really the unknown. But I feel that I am balancing this fairly well and am somewhat excited to get back into the grind.
Third, I close a four-month chapter when the Foreclosure Committee that I participated in submits its final report to City Council on Thursday evening. I believe that despite the drama within the committee, we were able to generate a good work product that will be of value to the city. One of our ideas, a home preservation forum, was implemented last week and was very well received. Attendance was good and many people signed up for free counseling. It is nice to know that we might have made a difference to some families!
I keep working on all of that spiritual work, because at the end of the day, that is the true path to happiness. It helps me put all of this change in perspective. “This too shall pass.” Both the good and the bad come and go in our lives. And something new is presented to us. There are gifts and challenges; I feel like I am ready for both.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment