I keep forgetting to get this out there. I started reciting a loving kindness meditation a few weeks ago. I raely have time to sit in meditation pose, but I do it while driving, when falling asleep, and someitmes when I am dragging my feet getting up in the morning. It goes like this:
May I be filled with loving kindness.
May I be well.
May I be peaceful and at ease.
May I be happy.
The purpose of the meditation is to bring compassion and kindness into our lives. The instruction is to focus first on ourselves and then later to focus on a loved one. Eventually you are supposed to work on someone you don't like at all!
To keep the focus on me, I sometime modify it:
May I be filled with loving kindness towards myself.
May I be well with myself.
May I be peaceful and at ease with myself.
May I be happy with myself.
Whenever I do this, it is striking how obvious it is that I have not treated myself very well and have not shown myself loving kindness. So every day now I am trying to remind myself of these things. I am finding them very moving. I hope you can try it for yourself too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I say something like, "Train the brain!! Train the brain!!!!!"
hahaha
Post a Comment