Sunday, September 21, 2008

Getting Older

I am feeling some lower back pain – oh the joys of getting older! Yesterday, I vacuumed and wet mopped the entire house. Last night I went out with the kids and chased Ella and John around a baseball field, waiting to watch a movie shown under the stars. There were no chairs, just a blanket and a creaky old back.

Today, I did four loads of laundry, backwashed and cleaned the pool, mowed the lawn, trimmed some shrubs, loaded the trash barrel, and now I am sitting here with a lower back that is hurting. So first I thought that it sucked to get older. Then I started writing this blog and realized that my back didn’t hurt because I’m getting old; it hurts because I am a lunatic trying to do too much!

Although I am not too crazy about sore body parts, I do like the fact that I got everything on my list done. I like the sense of accomplishment that tasks bring. I did some collection accounting for the HOA this morning, and I have a Board meeting on Wednesday night that I have more work to do in preparation. I then remembered that I have to get my PowerPoint presentation done for the HOA Academy class that I am teaching in a week.

So lots of things keeping me occupied. But they kind of feel balanced. There is something of everything: family, volunteering, house, yard and HOA. Work is not more than 40 hours, although the drive is tedious. Now I have just read through this and realized that I have been rambling. Maybe I am suffering the ills of old age after all! :)

No comments: