Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mind and Body

I have continued to be busy! Right now my back is a bit sore. Yesterday I was working on a record retention project for work and I went into a storage unit, in 91 degree weather, and moved, sorted and tagged over 200 storage boxes! I figured that it replaced a weight lifting session at the gym.

While I was doing it, I got to thinking about a number of things:
  • I relax into heavy manual labor just the way Dad did.
  • I'm 52 and too old to be doing this kind of work anymore.
  • I'm 52 and I can still do this kind of work - what a surprise.
  • I'm glad I can work this hard.
  • Boy, it's getting hot and I'm getting really dirty.
  • Crap, I just broke another nail!

The most interesting thing was that my mind was mostly quiet, there was no stress, and I think I was actually in a state of happiness. Of course, today there are some muscles that are really letting me know they are there but I am sure with more heavy work in the yard today, they will loosen up. I guess I am one of those people who really needs to use both my mind and my body.

No comments: