Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Clean-up

Big time thanks to Adam and Anya! They spent 12 hours this weekend helping me do a big time pruning clean up of the backyard. We are not yet done, but so far we have 23 bags (55-gal size) and one full trash barrel of clippings.

The work was tough going. John and Ella just had to make sure that both the spa and swimming pool kept running so they were back and forth between them for most of the twelve hours.

Benny caught a couple of lizards as we cut back their luxury condos. Unfortunately, one didn't make it. Another lizard committed suicide in the spa! Many spiders of all shapes and sizes had to make mad dashes from Adam with a leaf blower.

Of special note is that Adam finally learned how to pronounce "ruellia" after I told him to just call them "ru-ees". There were also the OSHA moments - Adam almost taking my thumb off with a hedge trimmer and me almost smashing his with a hammer!

I am sore and tired from all the hard work but have to say that I found great pleasure in the companionship. Hard work with loved ones becomes fun for me. Thanks guys - for the hard work, the company and the fun. Also for the landscaper who cooks you hot dogs and the assistant landscaper who makes a delicious honey mustard chicken!

1 comment:

Adam and Anya said...

Assistant landscaper?!?!?!?! Ok, ok, I did "assist". And it was a good weekend!