Wow! It's been a while since I made an entry; I didn't realize it has been so long! I have been crazy busy. I have tons to do at work and around the house, working on HOA stuff and trying to help at the Barry's while Anya has been down.
I had some trouble with the pool and Adam was nice to help me try to fix it. Got a poolman and even he is having difficulty figuring out the problem, so now Adam and I don't feel so bad about not getting it!
David is real busy with his new promotion to sales manager so he forgets things like putting dishes in the dishwasher, changing the cat litter, doing laundry . . . So I do the typical mom things to help out.
Got the last of the paperwork completed and signed for the divorce. Jon and I got the last signed on Saturday before a notary. I sent it to the lawyer Monday morning to get it recorded at the Superior Court. As soon as that is done, it's final. We are not sure how quickly the court will move, but ironically our 30th wedding anniversary is the 27th. We both are kind of wondering if that will be the day?!
Had a nice and quiet Mother's Day. The Barry's came over for a short while in the morning, and David took me to dinner. Between those two events, I was alone, reading a good book and enjoying the quiet time. I don't seem to get much of that now. I seem very busy with life!
I am really enjoying my new role as VP of Administration. I hardly ever (and I mean it!) work more than 40 hours each week. I am out of the office by 4 PM, do the kinds of things I want, make my own schedule, and generally smile and laugh most of the day. I am learning to keep away from stress, and I find that the more I practice , the better I get. So for now, I am happy with work and I don't think I have ever been able to say that!
The garden is looking a little shaggy but I think that Adam is going to help me out with that this weekend. If not, I will have a marathon work event by myself, because I need to get it in shape before the real heat hits. We have already had a day or two at 107 degrees, so I can't put some things off too much longer.
I missed the gym for a bit because of scheduling but I am back at it again. I have been doing yoga and pilates, and let me tell you it is not easy! I keep developing a little bit more flexibility, so that when I fall, and can't get up, I will have the ability to writhe on the floor gracefully. :)
I am behind on making travel plans but I am heading to DC and then MA in June to visit with family and friends. Just got to get air and car booked. Looking forward to the vacation time. Well hopefully that was enough for now. I need to drive to Tucson tomorrow and get back in time for yoga so I better get some rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment