Wednesday, November 19, 2008

On A Roll

Last week I had a great day. I mean a really great day! It started like any other, which is to say that I got up at 5 AM and proceeded to get ready for work. I took my supplements, had my OJ and got in the car for the long drive to work. On the way, the sun started to rise. It was a gorgeous sunrise. We don't really pay attention all that much to sunrises and sunsets but, especially with the big AZ skies, they can be spectacular. I noticed the sunrise and found myself getting to work in 50 minutes ( a record).

Went into the building and pushed the button at a bank of elevators. Everyone in the building jokes about how the elevator that is the furthest always opens. Well this particular morning the door right in front of me opened and I noticed and said "This is going to be a great day!"

I really meant it when I said it too. For the rest of the day, great things, unexpected things happened. I had an intercompany entry on the books that I was concerned was going to be an undisclosed expense. Out of the blue and insurance person called and said he was going to send the money for the intercompany amount. We solved all kinds of little issues. Good news kept coming. I kept smiling and laughing and telling everyone that it was a great day and I was everyone's lucky charm. They all were smiling and it just kept getting better.

I got home in my usual 1 hr and 20 minutes but it had been such a great day that I didn't notice. I did notice a spectacular sunset though! My evening was quiet but perfect with favorite shows to watch and dogs that were companions and not troublemakers.

All of this was last week. Since then I have awakened every day and said "Today is going to be a great day!" And they have! Not everything has gone right and not all moments are easy, but I am continuing to choose to see a great day and there it is, right in front of me. I'm on a roll and I'm going to keep it going as long as I can. And if it stops, I'm going to get it started all over again! So here's hoping that you have a great day too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have a good day too! Thanks for spurring me on.