Yesterday, I wrote an entry about a great day and how I had rolled it to last over a week. I went to work happy yesterday about my blog and keeping the roll going. And guess what?! The elevator door opened in front of me. Another start to a great day. Walked to my office with a smile, opened my my emails and if I was in a movie the sound track would have sounded like a train wreck! I had an email from my boss, very terse, accusing me of overstepping my bounds and telling me to reverse the unreversable - NOW! Walked into my controller's office to discuss the problem and she handed me her resignation (at this point I really felt like crying!) and went back to my office to find that my computer had gone on the blitz. WOW! So much for a good day.
But I caught myself and decided to reframe all that was happening. I said I would not get angry or upset but rather look at these as challenges embedded in a great day. OK at this point somebody should have drug tested me but I really am trying to learn difffrent responses to life and to enjoy it better. And guess what? I wrote to my boss that I was confused by her email, andstarted to reverse the unreversable. My boss wrote back and said she had missed things and it was 'her bad'. Ultimately she canceled reversing the unreversable order. The computer got fixed and I am still working on the controller issue, but the day turned out to be a good one. Not because all things went well, but because they didn't and I handled them well and life went on. Great lesson and one worth writing down! I wonder what today will bring? And isn't that the essense of life, looking forward to it and living it as it happens!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Whew. I'm do proud of you. It takes a person with an exceptional spirit to get through something like that. I have little things that irritate me and throw my off, but nothing in comparison. So I feel blessed that the Universe it taking care of both of us through some difficult stuff. Good job!
Post a Comment