The Confucius quote of the day is :
By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
I don't know if I have gained wisdom truly, but I can honestly say that I have tried all three methods. Unfortunately, I have used experience the most, tried imitation as a second resort, and am now finally taking a stab at reflection. Reflection is the hardest of all for a few reasons. The first is that it requires true honesty - looking at yourself and others without all of the stories in our heads to convince us of something not quite true. The other aspect that is hard for me is to STOP to reflect. I always seem to want to go a hundred miles an hour, and reflection requires stopping and studying what has happened.
Maybe nature made it so that the older we got, the slower we got, and therefore the more likely we were to reflect and gain wisdom. In many areas of my life I need to slow down. Anya was telling me that the other day when she heard my work schedule. I'll have to reflect on that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You worked very hard over the last year to seek balance. I believe that balance is coming your way, nothing is more important, I believe. You have your hands full and there's the tendency to want to do it all yourself. No one can do everything themselves. Pace yourself and you will be fine.
Post a Comment