Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Beautiful Day

Today is an absolutely gorgeous day! It started off cloudy and overcast, which is a nice way to start a day in an area with tons of sun! But then the clouds separated, the skies are sunny and the temps are in the 70's. Absolutely beautiful.

My roses seem to want to get a whole lot of flowering in beofre the cooler temps and so they are loaded with scented blooms - red, coral, peach, white and cream. The two basils - italian and cinnamon - are in full bloom, aromatic and buzzing with bees. The figs are slowly ripening anf the kumquats are moving from green to orange. The newly planted snapdragons look healthy and happy. The red cabbage is also settling in.

It's November and the followng are in bloom: roses, basil, marigolds, ruellia, yellow dots snapdragons, cape honeysuckle, rain lilies, yellow bird of paradize, red fairy dusters, and a few others I forget the names to. Wow!

I do have a little bit of work that I need to get done today, but I really don't mind. The day is wonderful - great to be out. I am a lucky woman!

No comments: