I had something really special happen this week.
I had a rough start to a day when I was asked to layoff someone. That is always hard. Then the day rapidly accelerated and I was flying from one office to another, answering questions, working solutions to problems, the typical kind of stuff.
About 1 PM I finally got back to my office to find a beautiful arrangement of flowers. All the card said was "You are a gift". My whole day brightened! Both the gesture and the sentiment were a gift to me!
I don't know who sent them. Everyone at the office is curious. The only thing I feel confident in saying is that it can't be from a gentleman. But it had so much power to brighten my life.
It started me thinking about all of the gifts we get and give and how they make such an impact on our day. Johnny had been having a bad day last week and I told him to watch for his special moments becuase they were out there for him. That day he saw a clown on stilts, a gorgeous rainbow and a high school band goofing in the rain. He said he got three special moments. We all get them. Every single day. We just ahve to make sure that we are looking for them!
To whomever sent me the flowers: thanks for sending me the gift of a special moment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment