It's Saturday morning and I have had the sniffles for a couple of days now. You know how it goes. There is either a runny nose or the postnasal drip. That causes the irritating and consistent coughing, so everyone thinks you are highly infectious (and you probably are) so you become a social pariah. Today will be the day that my nose gets chapped from blowing and the cough gets really chunky. But that is an improvement over my teeth hurting from close proximity to my suffering sinuses!
Colds are really irritating. For me, I rarely feel lousy - achy, tired and the rest. Rather, I feel fine except I carry around all of these really annoying symptoms. I always get a cold at Christmas time. Probably because I get a bit run down trying to do all that I normally do plus all of the stuff I want to do for the Christmas season.
Today, I have that long list of 'want to do's' and I have the common wisdom that I should rest to get better. I think the rest part will probably not happen. I really want to get my house clean. Benny and Drea's fur have combined to form tumbleweeds that attack me when I get up in the middle of the night for more cold medicine. I have not yet finished Christmas shopping and of course they add a work Secret Santa to the list of things that must get done! There is more wrapping to be done, as I keep going Christmas shopping, and I gave most of my Christmas baking away, so now I feel like I need more to make it to the 25th!
Boy, do I love this season! Which just goes to show you what a masochist I truly am. I am always sick and over committed during the holidays and it is great! Music, food, stress and to do's! Ho! Ho! Ho! (cough, cough, cough)
Enjoy the season!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment