The Barrys are coming for dinner after church. I did not have any idea as to what to cook. I was in the mood for potato salad and I made some. But Johnny cannot eat it because it has dairy. So I am also going to make mashed potatoes (with chicken broth and the only type of butter that he can eat). I found a loin of pork and I am currently roasting it with a glaze of fresh basil, garlic, dijon mustard and olive oil. I am cooking some carrots and some peas. Not a fancy meal but hearty.
I wish I was a gourmet chef, with great food that everyone liked to eat. Instead, I am a passable cook. There are a few things I make that people like and remember but it is all comfort food. My problem is that I live to eat food more than I love to prepare it! Oh well, it's better to be a decent cook than being a horrible cook.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment