It has been a few months since I posted an entry. The days are warming up but I have refused to turn the air on yet. The warmest the house has been is 83 degrees. Still tolerable.
I have been building the consulting hours. It is interesting because the only stress I find myself experiencing is the stress I create myself by worrying about not having a job! I am working enough to pay the bills and put a little away but I still worry about money. It is crazy how much pain we live in is self-induced.
I have done a little bit of dating. Interestingly enough, that causes no real anxiety for me. Either it happens or it doesn't. The nicest guy is Mike 2. Mike 1 wasn't a good fit but Mike 2 is really nice. The kids tease me because we have to number them! Anya calls him my boyfriend (teasing) but Ella calls him my man friend. Either way, he is very nice company and we have many things in common. We haven't been able to spend too much time together because he has been going north to help out elderly parents with health issues. But we do email back and forth throughout the week to keep in touch. We were out to dinner one Friday night and sat in a courtyard and talked until we realized we were the only people left and it was midnight! I have to say it is nice to be appreciated. (BTW - this detail is for my sisters who will bug me for details anyway!)
I am thinking that I will probably go north for most of the summer and close up the Scottsdale house. I can always drive down to meet with clients if I need to. I will be testing internet up there later this month (sometimes sketchy) to see if I can work up there. It is kind of nice to think that I might have this type of flexibility in my life.
Anya and I helped paint at David and Shaina's new condo downtown. It is perfect for them - contemporary, hardwood floors and a garage! Their new dog Penny will be right at home there.
I think that is "all she wrote for now"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment