Unfortunately, unknown to most within the company, the economy and some managerial decisions had left the company on a precipice with a lousy view. So after a very large reduction in force and some pretty significant cost reductions, we are back to monthly profitability and erasing the accumulated losses of the past management team. However, these cost reductions leave me in both executive positions until at least the first of the year.
In case anyone is wondering, the new President would love to have me stay in the CFO role and I have declined a dozen times. I will be very happy to go back to my old position! In the meantime, I am working very long hours to fill both roles to my personal standards. This means that I have missed almost all of my yoga classes, my weight has creeped up, and so has my stress.
I try to run with Benny and Ruby most mornings at 4:30, which is about the only thing that I am doing for my health and it is an activity that I really do not like. I get to the cabin most weekends and that is truly the balm to my spirit. It is cool, quiet and and serene up there. I sit and feel the breeze and stare into space. The dogs absolutely love going up there. We have had adventures with hawks, lizards, jack rabbits, coyotes, crickets, tarantulas, and javelinas (see picture).
I am still active as the Neighborhood Watch captain for about 400 homes and I attend all the HOA meetings to keep an eye on the guys who caused so much trouble for me last year. I did a little to promote Sharon Wolcott for Mayor in our City of Surprise. She is currently in a runoff election with the incumbent mayor.
I will be hosting Thanksgiving, and probably up north at the cabin. I have started thinking about Christmas shopping because my time is so limited for things like shopping. I have been going to John and Ella's soccer games each Saturday morning and really have a good time there. The most fun is watching Anya as a soccer mom with a killer instinct! :) It is funny to watch the one time girl who hater soccer coach her kids to get out there and get a goal!
So, two houses, two jobs, two dogs . . . crazy busy and looking for some peace and some balance.

No comments:
Post a Comment