Monday, December 24, 2012

A Long Time

OK, so it has been over a year since I added a blog entry!  It seems that there have been tons of changes since my last entry, yet all  is still the same.  I shall try to give a brief recap of the events of the past year and then explain why all seems the same.

Events:

  • Gave up Interim CFO
  • Got Interim CFO back again.
  • Refused to take it, but doing the job anyway.
  • Looked for a multi-generational property with Anya's family, found it, bought it, renovated a guest house, moved in (December 15th).
  • Damaged ACL in right knee and still recovering.
  • Got into a car accident - everything repaired, no injuries.
So why are things still the same:
  • Still little to no social life.
  • Working way too hard.
  • Stressed all the time.
  • Haven't figured out what makes me happy.
I started therapy as a part of the search for a less stressed life, since I do acknowledge that I do it to myself. It has been an interesting experience.  I have learned a great many things about me, my childhood and why I work the way I do.  I am still trying to get to the point where I don't stress myself, but at least I am now catching myself "in the act".

So last Saturday, I moved into the 'guest house".  It came out different than I expected but still really nice.  At some point, when I am not too lazy, I shall post some pictures.  I moved from 2200 SF to 1100 SF, which meant I needed to downsize.  Except for the formal dining room furniture, I was amazed that there was not too much that I had to get rid of.  My new house is very spacious in the main living area (kitchen/family/office), and has two bedrooms and two very tiny bathrooms.  I also have a laundry room/pantry.

The new yard is nothing like the old one, which was professionally landscaped and like a resort.  This yard is one acre of totally neglected dirt!  :)  It gives me the opportunity to cut, burn, dig and plan for another resort like backyard and that is fun for me.

Benny and Ruby love the new yard, as it is large enough to hunt small game such as bunnies and geckos, allows them to play with Mona (Anya's dog) daily, and actually get out of the house before I get home late each evening.

I've got to get going now.  I am going to make chocolate cupcakes with peppermint for tomorrow.  Always have things to do . . . (I'll try to be better at keeping up with the blog.)

No comments: