Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weekend at the Cabin

I had a quiet and solitary visit to the cabin this weekend.    Got there on Friday about 6:30 PM and there were thundershowers.  It was 65 degrees!

This is the front of the cabin, with a hint of some of the views.


I love the large porch and spent a good portion of time sitting on it, reading my Kindle.  I also did some work , clearing dead brush and starting a stone wall near where the drive meeting the dirt roadway.


The rain made the front yard a mud hole.  I wound up having to wash clay hardened mud off the dogs feet before they could even come into the house.  I am going to have to think about what I put down right in front, because I do not want to wash the dogs' feet every time they go out!


A quick look at the kitchen - I really don't spend too much time here!


A view of the back.  I spent some time Saturday afternoon on the deck watching the storms roll in.




The living room is slowly getting comfortable,  We just need a few more tables and chairs.

On Saturday evening, we had the thunderstorms come right through; they were no longer in the distance.  One lightning strike was so close that Benny jumped straight up into bed with me and plastered himself against me, shaking with fear.  I had to hug him, which was OK because I was shaking too!

The wind was roaring, lightning was constantly flashing and the rain came down torrentially.  I thought it would be fun to see storms up there but this one was so scary, I will be happy if I don't see another one for a while.

We came back Sunday morning so we can get grocery shopping, laundry and chores done. But I do love it up there! 



1 comment:

Jon said...

It's a beautiful place. If you every need someone to house sit up there, let me know. The dogs and I are always looking for ways to get out of the valley. Glad that you had a nice weekend.