Sunday, May 29, 2011

Interim CFO

Just as I am preparing for weekends at the cabin, once we close, we have a bit of a shake up at work.  Our CEO and CFO suddenly resigned for personal reasons.  The Board asked if I would step forward and act as Interim CFO, until they can find a permanent replacement.  Yuck!!  I could have declined, but then I would have been making things difficult for all of my coworkers and the company.  So I reluctantly said yes.  Now I am spending part of a Memorial Day weekend working on financials in preparation for a Board meeting this Wednesday.

It reminds me of where I have been and why I left it, so I guess that is a good thing.  I really hope that this does not last long.  I now have a life outside of work and I want to get back to it!

No comments: