I brought the kids up to view the house and we fell in love with the location, the home and the idea of a vacation home 1 1/2 hours from Phoenix. The house is 2160 sf, with 3 bedrooms and two baths on 1.6 acres of land and views of mountains in most directions.
Yesterday, David and I spent 5 hours up there with a home inspector. There are some issues but nothing that would make me turn away from the house at all. The kids have said they will help with the upkeep and the repairs, so we will be closing on this home before June 12th!
It is about 15 degrees cooler up there (at 4000 ft) than in the valley, the wind is always blowing and the sky is HUGE! The property has a private well, central air, granite tile counter tops . . . not exactly roughing it! :)
We have plans to outfit the place slowly, looking for used furniture at thrift stores to get it furnished. David is going to donate the green sofa from Northboro (yes that sofa is still a around!) We talked last night and I think the sofa is a perfect start because there are so many wonderful memories about that piece of Kotila history.
While we were talking about the cabin, we came up with the humorous thought of all of us wearing cowboy hats while at the cabin. Adam gave Anya one for her 30th birthday. Now the rest of us need to get one.
So, soon there will be one more reason for people to visit. It is closer to the Grand Canyon, cooler in summer and close to lakes and pine forests. We are all so very excited. And I think this is a property that will be handed down through the generations as a family retreat.
I am so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment