Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Weekend of Pain

Those that know me know that I am a glutton for punishment.  I don't know why, but I am.  I think that there is something about conquering the difficult or painful that makes me feel alive.  Whatever the reason, I have set myself up for a weekend of pain.  Yesterday, I completed my second "108 Sun Salutations".  The last time I did this, I was crippled with hamstring issues for two weeks.  So I immediately decided to sign up again!

From noon to 2 PM yesterday, I moved through the 12 steps of each sun salutation, while listening to all kinds of songs about sun and sunshine.  Of course I was in a dimly lit gym room, rather than being outside on a beautiful day, but then none of this makes sense anyway!  Got through it, but I was very tired.  Today, I am experiencing some aches and pains.  I know from experience that the real impact won't be felt until tomorrow.  Since I am feeling something now, I know I am in for trouble.  I will have to ice the hamstrings off and on through today and hope I am better off this time round.

What is physical pain, without a little mental anguish as well?  So yesterday I downloaded both Turbo Tax and Will Maker.  This morning I drafted my updated will and associated documents and this afternoon I tackle the dreaded tax return.  If time permits, I will go through a pile of documents and organize my files.  I think it is hilarious that I have a gorgeous backyard glowing on a beautiful day and I choose to hunker down at a laptop, filling out forms and thinking about death and taxes!  The only thing that could enhance the experience would be to throw some politics into the mix!!

But boy do I feel like a Valkyrie taking down all opponents!  I love life!

No comments: