Well, it looks like another year has come and gone! I started the year over communicating with FaceBook and BlogSpot and ended it with this blog entry after much silence. I started to think about what I wanted to let family and friends know, and then I decided that it would be better to state the things I was grateful for throughout the past year. So here it goes . . .
I am thankful for:
• A son who hugs me and hold car doors for me and isn’t embarrassed to have a “date” for dinner with me
• A daughter who has become a best friend, my body guard and my HOA supporter
• A son-in-law who has become a son, who watches my daughter watch over me, who does heavy lifting and puts up with women who talk everything to death
• A grandson who smiles and hugs and car dances and builds Legos and says “Hi Nana”
• A granddaughter who twirls and dances, scores soccer goals, laughs and bonks her butt and chatters to me about her life like I am a trusted friend
• An ex-husband who doesn’t make the holidays difficult
• Family far away that ask me to write something because they haven’t heard from me and they care or reach out with quips on FaceBook
• Cousins who call out of the blue to see how I am doing and to spur esoteric conversation until late in the night (PS - you have the correct phone number)
• Neighbors who support me in the face of controversy and appreciate my efforts
• Old friends who call me and talk to me as if we have never been apart and who make me feel hugged when I hear their voices
• New friends who teach me to go outside of my comfort zone and support me when I am silly and afraid to try new things
• Coworkers who share laughter and the workload and never fail to be amused by the absurd
• A dog named Benny who lies by my side, trips me when I get up suddenly, warns me of outside activity and scares away any men in the back yard
• Two goldfish that refuse to die and get bigger and bigger every year
I am also thankful for:
• A beautiful and quiet home to relax in
• An end to being on an HOA Board
• Gorgeous AZ sunrises and sunsets
After writing this out, it was very easy to me to see that my year has been one full of blessings – from family, friends and life. I hope your holidays illuminate all of your blessings too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment