Monday, September 6, 2010

HOA Update

Well, things kind of went from bad to worse.  Contention has continued to escalate.   I retained an attorney, at my expense, to get advise on what my rights and obligations were in this situation.  My attorney sent a letter to the HOA attorney, letting them know I need them to back up and stop harassing me.  The petition calling for the vote to remove 4 board members is moving forward and it is anyone's guess as to whether it will be successful.

Through all of this I have been looking for a silver lining - some life lesson that will make all of this unpleasantness worthwhile.  I am not sure I have found it yet.  I am proud of the fact that I have controlled both my temper and my usual desire for retribution.  I have tried to stay open and compassionate to everyone's feelings and I have done better than in the past.

I am proud of my family and how supportive they have been.  They have also been independent - thinking for themselves and acting out of their own convictions.  I love them so much and that has brought a ray of sunshine to these depressing days.

I can't wait for it to be over.  The only issue is how long it will really take for the hostility to pass.  My guess is that it will take years!

No comments: