Wednesday, August 25, 2010

HOA Hell

I just got home from an HOA meeting that was hellacious. There was so much violence and hatred. It got so bad that I was slandered by a homeowner that I do not even know when he told the room I was getting bribes in the form of free trips to Las Vegas from a man I hardly know! But that was not the half of it!

Executive session, when I go into a room with the other Board members, was so atrocious, so personal and so physically threatening, that I went home crying ( and continue to do so). The feelings and ego that was in that room tonight was evil - like the stuff that starts wars or causes people to kill others.

I ran for the Board over 4 years ago to give back to my community, to use the skills I have gained over the years, so as to look after our neighborhood. Unfortunately, this evil that has infiltrated the hearts of others is overwhelming all that I have tried to give and the more I try to remain balanced the harder the evil swirls. I know it sounds melodramatic, but it is really how it feels.

I think that I will probably resign my position. At this point, I can do nothing to help the community and I feel my spirit being wounded deeply. I feel so sad that my service is ending on such a painful note. I had hoped to feel uplifted by giving back. And I do feel it with some of the homeowners who have backed me. But I left that meeting bleeding and I won't keep on doing this.

There is a groundswell of homeowners starting to fight this Board and I honestly pray they will be successful in rooting out the evil they have brought to the stewardship of the community. Time will tell. Boy, do I hurt!!

No comments: