Sunday, January 24, 2010

Karma, Fate and Challenges

The end of this past week presented me with a challenge to all that I have been working on personally during the last year, balance within myself. Anyone who knows me, knows that I have a temper and that I often act without thinking. I was suddenly thrust into an unexpected situation that could have had me acting precipitously or with anger. I have to say that, while the experience was humbling and hurtful, I actually remained in a good and accepting frame of mind and rode out what was put before me.

I have spent the weekend contemplating many things surrounding my experience including details that may have led up to the event Fate put before me. I have to say that this is the first time in my life that I see this as a sign, in a true and positive way, and that my acceptance of what the Universe brought to me has made the experience about as positive as anyone could expect.

Over a year ago, I set out on a journey to find balance, harmony and happiness for myself. I wanted to be a balanced and happy person and to develop the skills necessary to maintain that experience, regardless of what is going on around me. I truly believe that the challenge presented on Friday was some good Karma coming back at me. I am proud and also thankful. By bending, I became stronger. I wish that I could bottle the experience and all of the feelings that came out it and give it to those I care about. I think that they, too, would feel that after the first painful pinch, there was so much positive energy one can not help but be thankful.

One of the hardest things for ME is to "not resist", to go with the flow. I did allow myself to flow, and I am amazed at the feeling. I hope that all get this experience at least once in their lives! My friend Gary reminds me that I refer joking to myself on the blog as the Dalai Deb. In this event of Friday, I got a taste of that for real. You can be sure it has only wet my appetite for more!

Thanks to all that have supported me with their love and caring. I did (and do) feel it and appreciate it!

No comments: