Sunday, February 21, 2010

This and That

It's been almost a month since I last had an entry. The month has been somewhat of an emotional challenge for me, but I feel that I am weathering it well. I have been surrounded the past weeks with lots of events that have negative energy attached to them - egos, distrust and dishonesty, death and disappointment.

I have been trying very hard to float above all of it, so to speak. Most of it takes the form of drama - you know what I am talking about! People have this overwhelming need to exaggerate the injuries done to themselves and to drag others into their pain or disappointment. I feel like I have done OK at staying out of it, but there are times when it seems like a full time job!

I have also received news, troubling news, about Jon. That has obviously pinged many of the old codependency habits of the past. I have spent much quiet time trying to dissect my feelings and the connections so as to break the patterns of the past. It is very hard to do, because I must be totally honest with myself in the process, when it is so much easier to look at others. More drama!

Well anyway, I think I have done all right. I hope that people find a better way to exist - one that is more peaceful and happy. I know that I work on it every day.

Other noteworthy items:
I am still going to yoga and am actually getting better at some of the poses. I still can't get quiet in my mind for the meditative parts, but I'm not giving up!

I got re-elected to my HOA Board for another year. Yuck! There is way too much drama in that little fiefdom but they need someone with business acumen and common sense in these trying times and I seem to be the only one available!

I am becoming somewhat a lady of leisure as I now have both a pool man and a landscaper. I still have plenty to do in the yard if I want to, but if I don't do it, it gets cleaned up every two weeks. It is actually so nice that I am tempted to add the housecleaning, but that seems so decadent that I stop myself. The help, though, gives me time to read, relax, do puzzles or meet friends on my days off and I really enjoy that.

I have been enjoying the Olympics, although it is really hard to stay up and watch the really good stuff because it is on too late. I especially love the speed and figure skating.

Well, that's about it. Boring for some, but definitely my life right now. I had mentioned in my bucket list that I wanted to visit Bhutan; maybe I can start looking into that. I know I am still scouting for that great pair of red high heels!

No comments: