Friday, July 24, 2009

Boy, Am I Sore!

I have been extremely busy at work and life recently. Wednesday night I had an HOA meeting, which was thankfully brief and productive. Yesterday, though, I was so busy running around at work. I had a meeting in Tempe with landscape architects and general contractors. I am trying to get a lot of work done in a small bit of time.

When I get to the office it is crazy with people lined up wanting to ask questions or asking for help. So I decided that I was going to make sure that I left work at 4 PM and really get a good work out. And I did!

I got to the gym in time to do 45 minutes on the treadmill before our yogalates class (Anya and Adam go as well). Now I have to digress and say that on Tuesday we all went to candlelight yoga (sounds benign) and we came out groaning! I was still sore Thursday night from the twists, turns and planks that lady had us doing. Anyway, last night was even tougher for me. She had us working with weighted balls, doing these scorpion type push ups where one leg is curled up and your body is twisted to the side and you go down in a push up. We were balancing on blocks and then going into airplane poses. There was ab work, chest work, leg work . . .

Wait a minute. I was doing this to forget work! Anyway, I came out of there sweating and exhausted. Today - I am sore! But I am done with gym workouts for another week! Thank goodness!

No comments: