OK, my sister Martha sent out another request to get going and write some blogs. I will try to be better at it but it would be nice to get some reinforcement, like comments. It's great for all of you who read this, but it can be work for me so I need feedback to keep it up!
Last June I found myself unhealthy and depleted. My jobs (I was filling two) were killing me and so I quit. Since then I have been focused on two major tasks, home improvements and self improvement. So here is the list of accomplishments so far:
Home Improvements
- demolished all tile in main house
- demolished fourth bathroom in main house
- completed full renovation of kitchen in main house
- fully landscaped front yard
Self Improvements
- started and maintained a diet that eliminates all grains, sugar, root vegetables, preservatives from my diet
- got liver enzymes back to healthy range
- lost 20 pounds
- grew my hair to a length that is just below my shoulder
- lots of therapy to finally understand what is driving me to work myself so hard
- starting to date
So it has been a very busy time in my life. Lots of big steps and tiny steps. I am now working to get back into the workplace. Not sure where I will wind up. I have been looking at many types of jobs and have also been considering consulting on my own. I am working at letting opportunities flow through networking (very new and unfamiliar to me) and research.
I have had a great time with all the Barry's through this hiatus. The project list around the house is very limited now until I actually start getting money coming in again. Anya and I were driven to do as much as we could, so we used hammer drills and other power tools, learned to plumb a sink, filled a dumpster with debris, and cleaned dust way more than any two women should. In spite of that, I have to say that I can not be prouder of the woman Anya is. She tackles anything with zest and humor. I loved working by her side.
So there is the nine month update. Feel free to comment to me why you updates!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment