Many of you know that I go to yoga two times a week. Most weeks. Anya and Adam come too and we really enjoy it! Well our instructor, Donna, decided to start the year with a special class to ring in the new year by doing 108 sun salutations. First, a sun salutation is a series of 12 moves, or poses, with each movement choreographed to either your breath in or your breath out. These poses include down dogs, mountain poses, cobras and planks. The number 108 has auspicious significance in many eastern religions. So on Saturday the three of us headed to the gym to do 108 sun salutations. (108 rotations times 12 poses is a total of 1296 individual poses!!)
OMG - It's like 108 push ups plus more! But we did it! It took about 1 and 1/2 hours and we were excited to have completed them. Fast forward to today and we are all super sore! Shoulders, pecs, triceps, hamstrings . . . you name it and we can feel it! But it is Monday and Monday is yoga night, so I was back there again. And she had us do a few more sun salutations. I have to say that my body was just not too happy! Oh well, I think I'll get in the hot tub before bed. I hope I can get out of it in the morning!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment