It was a wild and crazy week for me! I am getting down to the wire in this college campus build out and there are a million things that either need to be done or decided on or supervised. Thursday seemed to be the craziest day of all. I felt like Smokey the Bear - putting out forest fires.
I had bench installers hitting water lines, rain in Albuquerque causes leaks and ceiling tile collapses, computer server problems, subcontractor no-shows . . . That day the list seemed endless. I know that I do some of my best work during days like that because I am able to prioritize, delegate or decide, and work quickly. But I find it more draining than exhilarating these days. The CEO of our company loves what I am doing though which is nice.
I still have some interesting challenges before this campus is done. I have to find a curtain rod and curtains for a 25 foot wide window and the color must be a solid caramel! I need to find 6 cheap but attractive bar stools (for a cyber lounge) that work at a 42" counter. I need to get Qwest to accelerate installation of 3 analog lines. I need to figure out how to install (structurally) two operating room lights (we are installing a surgical tech laboratory). Actually, I am getting tired thinking about all that is left to do.
To top it off, my boss is having a leadership retreat next week for management, so I will be going to that on Tuesday and Wednesday. I actually like that type of learning. It will just be a bit stressful trying to keep everything going, especially when I have an HOA Board meeting Wednesday night!
David and I had a great night Tuesday. I came home to dinner (he made an awesome pasta salad and Dijon chicken breasts). We opened a bottle of wine, talked about business, exchanged wisdom, goofed around in some yoga poses and went outside to take photographs in the dark. It was a special night and one that I will long remember.
I keep up with all the Facebook entries, especially those of Adam and Gary. They were working their way cross country relocating to NH. Watched an old Judy Garland movie with Anya and family last night. Benny and I are still walking together most nights and now Drea (David's cat) has to sit on my lap when I read or watch TV.
In those few spare moments, I have been contemplating how I might move furniture around when David moves out. I am most eager to have an empty garage. And a guest bedroom back. And a clean bathroom. And . . . I love David, but he is not always a neat roommate!
So life is moving at a very fast clip. David said that he didn't think of me as a 52-year old but more like 40. I'll take that! I am keeping up, keeping my head up and trying to enjoy every great moment that comes along. Here's wishing that to the rest of the world!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If David takes Drea to his new apartment I think you should get a cat for you and Ben. I know how much you love cats, but I really think a cat in your house is a necessity.
Post a Comment