Tonight I watched Oprah’s show called Spirituality 101. Many people say that we are often presented with beauty and moments that are gifts if only we look for them and recognize them for what they are. I believe that this show was one of those gifts. There were so many thoughts that flooded into my consciousness as I watched the show, that I got my journal and started taking notes so that I would not lose the opportunity to cherish them – kind of like taking a picture of a beautiful double rainbow, because you may never see that again.
Here are some of my notes and associated thoughts from the show.
Every crisis is a chance to let go of something and allow the birth of something new. Wow! Does that not fit a divorce or what! It caused me to think about the painful feelings as I go through the grieving process and generally the feelings come from what would ‘ve, should’ve, could’ve. But none of those are. They are just woulds, coulds, and should and none of that is real. So if I can find the strength within to let go of all of that, the painful feelings will lessen and I will move on. I will move on anyway, but it doesn’t have to take so long because I am working to hang onto something that isn’t there. When I do that, I will truly have a new life. There are no promises that it will be a better one but it will be the birth of a new life.
To identify with a role to the exclusion of all that you are is to be out of touch with your essence. When I heard this, I had the thought that I am a good business woman, and it seems to permeate many aspects of my life, including my volunteerism, but it is not all that I am. I am more than just a business woman. Part of this journey that I am on and that I am trying to share is designed to find all those parts of me, and to recognize them for what they are, aspects of me. I am part of a huge and complex universe, and that space and detail is also in me.
Live life. Living is experiencing the adventure of life. There are many adventures ahead of me. I do not know what they are, but every moment is an adventure. I am trying to look forward to each and every one of them.
What you choose to do, say and think is a manifestation of your spiritual message. This made me think about the condition of my spirit when I am complaining, or feel sorry for myself or just not being as much as I can be. My own personal mantra has always been to be the best person that I can be. There are times when I lose sight of that and don’t live my life that way. In retrospect, those were also periods when I was out of touch with my spirit, out of touch with me. It also made me think that a message, or any form of communication, has a sender and a receiver. Whatever I am transmitting is being received by someone. I really do want my message to be a good one. I want them to feel a positive sensation from me.
And finally, I want to live my life so my aura is bright. I want the aura of my life force to be brimming. I want the receptacle of my life to hold as much life experience as I am able. I want my spirit to shine brightly when it moves out of this body.
All of these thoughts have been there many times in my life. Tonight’s gift was a reminder of them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment