It's Friday morning and I am home for the day! As of the end of yesterday, I had put in 43 hours for the week, and missed both nights of exercise. It always gets crazy for accounting professionals at year end and this year is no exception. But I made a promise to myself to not get caught up in the grind again, so I spoke to the CEO and indicated that I would like to take today off. She was definitely OK with it so here I am.
But is it a day of leisure? Not really. First, I am going to hook up with Anya and get a long workout in. I need to get exercising again, maybe 10 miles on the bike or something. Then I have to go to the bank, get to the grocery store, and the post office. Then Jon and I get together to start sorting out our combined accounts and separating them. You know - things like switching the electric bill into my name, moving cell phone bills into Jon's name and stuff like that.
Actually, while this stuff with Jon is easy, I am finding it emotionally a mountain. It has the potential to unleash lots of emotions, most of them negative. I am not really interested in drama or feeling bad, but some of that is probably grief so it is inevitable. One thing is for sure. I have always been one to face the painful stuff and get it over with. I am the type of person who eats the least liked food on my plate first, so that I can end up with the enjoyable stuff as my last memory! So I am not interested in prolonging these activities. I just want to move on to find the enjoyable ones.
The sun is starting to rise now and there is a beautiful bank of clouds running across the sky such that the sun is painting the underbelly pink and purple. It's a beautiful way to start the day. I keep on looking for the beauty in the world around me. Today will be another day to recharge. Work, as I have said, is swirling with negativity and it can be consuming. But this week, I think that I have made a difference in some lives there. There seems to be some individuals who are reaching out towards the example I am trying to set and letting go of old politics and pains. I hope so! Their lives would be so much happier. Progress at work, beautiful sunrises, a day off, two parties this weekend, and a shot of letting go of the past. Not bad at all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You're Wonder Woman - always have, always will. Good job!
I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. It must be difficult at times but you are well grounded and have a strong spirit. Kudos! I don't have your email address so I had to contact you here. Take care of yourself and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas. Peace, blessings and love, Al and Diane
Deb, I am glad to hear that you are doing well and consistantly growing. You are well grounded and have a strong spirit. I had to contact you through your blog, as I don't have your email address. Diane and I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year. Peace, blessings and love, Al and Diane
Post a Comment