Sunday, February 3, 2013

What's Up?

Just  a brief update to those who seem to care out there.  I hope I am past the point of passing stones . . . it has been 5 days since I have had any pain.  I go to the urologist tomorrow for a follow-up x-ray.  I have been trying to drink more fluids to prevent a re-occurrence  but boy do I hate to drink!  

I have used my weekends to dig out stumps and get the yard ready for some serious infrastructure.  We need to grade the lot to account for water retention and put in all the irrigation.  I also helped Anya a little with putting down the foundation for the chicken coop she is building.  She is planning on having about 4 laying hens for fresh eggs.  But the coop needs to be built like Fort Knox.  We have had coyotes right at her front door and our neighbor's little dog, a min pin, got killed by two of the resident hawks.  The owner went out into the backyard and found them feasting on the poor little guy.  Anya now worries that if she lets Ruby out, the hawks will get her too.  I get nervous, but a dog deserves to go out and be a dog, even if it risks death.

David comes over and helps with projects around the houses as well.  He was helping Adam put in concrete board for the shower tile job he is working on.  Johnny and Anya were using a hammer drill to demo out some tile.  Seems like we will all be handymen and women by the time the projects are complete.

I am still working long hours.  I get to work at 6:30 now (can't sleep so I just go in earlier).  Usually leave the office by 5-6:00 PM, which is a long day.

Just left the computer to let Ruby in because she was whining outside.  The two hawks were sitting on a pol just 20 ft from the door, cawing and looking down on where Ruby had been sitting.  Yikes!

Better get a move on.  Got more chores before the weekend is over.

No comments: