Yesterday, while running errands, we came across a lady with 8 week old Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. One of the little girls called out to me and so now we have a new lady in the house. Her name was Cinderella, but she has been renamed Ruby, courtesy of Anya's creative thoughts. Then we found out the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is also known as the Ruby Spaniel. Isn't that crazy?!!
She weighs 3 lbs and fits in one hand. She follows me everywhere and sits at or on my feet. While watching her outside, I bent and picked her up to find a hawk 10 feet overhead in mid swoop! She is just a little bite size gem so I will have to watch her really carefully outside until she gets bigger.
Last night she whined for about 10 minutes twice while in her crate, but she really is very sweet. We got up this morning and went for a walk and she did her thing outside. She has had one accident in the house but I had not been watching closely enough and she pooped 2 minutes after eating. Otherwise she has been a very good girl. She doesn't ask to go out but whenever I take her out (frequently), she goes.
Benny is not thrilled. She likes to cuddle up to him and he growls at her every time. She loves his pink toy and his food and his rug, and Benny is feeling very beleaguered by it all. I think he likes it best when she gets crated. And he was quite annoyed on the walk because we could not move forward quickly like we usually do. Her legs are 3 inches long and the leash bugs her!
Overall, we have had a good start as a bigger pack. I wish I had a camera to get some pictures. I tried to take some with the phone but she kept getting too close to me to get any good shots. I'll try to add some later. She is sleeping on my feet, with her head between my ankles even as I am writing this.
The months ahead will be difficult - I am not really a puppy person - but she is a sweet little girl and will be a good companion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment